Sunday, October 14, 2012

Enjoy your youth. You'll never be younger than you are at this very moment.

Where should I start? My birthday is coming up this weekend on October 21st. I will be turning 22 and I am in shock! I honestly feel like I am becoming a grandmother. Where have these years gone? Last year the month before I turned 21, I told myself I was going to do everything I possibly could to act my age and not like an "adult." You could say I accomplished that, but now that I am almost 22 I wanted to do the same this year. I always put in my head that turning 21 was going to be the biggest change in my life age wise. Looking back, I would have to say that being 21 was one of the most memorable years of my life. I made sure to enjoy everyday, travel more, spend plenty of money I should not have on alcohol because that's what the typical 21 year old college student should do (as bad as that sounds). Being almost 22 has made me realize how time really does fly by. I have so many memories from when I was a kid, middle school, high school etc. and now I am a senior in college!

Anyway, this quote is honestly so true. At this age we absolutely have to deal with a lot of responsibility, but you do not have to deal with the pain of getting older. There are plenty of exceptions, but most of us do not have to deal with loss of hearing, wearing glasses, wheelchairs, dentures, etc. We are at our prime age where we are able to enjoy everything. Embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment