Monday, October 29, 2012

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone


I found this quote towards the end of the summer and it made me realize how important it is to break free from your "comfort zone." Everyone has their own perception on life and the limits they feel they cannot push through. In order to face challenges in life, you must force yourself to be daring enough to face your fears.
The picture above is from last summer when I went skydiving. Never in my life did I think I would be able to survive this bucket list attempt. It was one of those things where I always said I would go before I died but if the opportunity ever came, there was not a chance of me actually going. I was not only afraid of heights, but also flying and roller coasters. This was a point in time of my life where I realized that I had to conquer fears even though I knew I could be setting myself up to break some bones or die (no big deal), but you learn to take a chance.
After having a mini heart attack, screaming, and holding on for dear life, I somehow survived. Once you are past the free fall and you can drift in the sky, it is simply amazing. By far one of the most breathtaking, serene feelings that I will never forget. The view from such a distance made me appreciate life and what it has to offer. However the earth was made, it should be seen from every direction.
Always push yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment